Re: How to import an Oracle-DB

From: Gunter Ulsenheimer <ulsenheimerg_at_web.de>
Date: 15 Nov 2003 12:54:30 -0800

Hi all,

after many many tries I finally have managed to import the database! There were some preparations necessary to realize this. At first I had to create the user, which did the export of the db-dump. Reading the log-file of the exported dump, I found out the username, and I received its corresponding password from a colleague. Furthermore I detected an SQL-script on the alpha computer, that created the database there. Its content showed me, which grants,tablespaces and users had been created resp. modified.
With all that informations I was able to import the foreign database into my database in windows!!! :)
Many thanks to all of U, who gave me help for solving my problem!!

Best regards

Gunter Received on Sat Nov 15 2003 - 14:54:30 CST