ORA-12560:TNS:protocol

From: Emily <imelyi2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2003 07:10:02 -0800

Hello fellows/oracle experts:

I'm a sort newbie or born again in this field. I am describing here what I did:
I downloaded disk1, disk2, disk3 from the Oracle.com site; I installed oracle 9i with few products, but i didn't find or could not download anythingfrom disk2 and disk3 downloads files.

ALthough it appears that I've now oracle application development with sql plus, but i couldn't access any of the sample data in the oracle, i
tried with sys / change-on-install it gives me an error: sql: host echo %Oracle_home%; on Windows; ORA-12560:TNS:protocol adapter error;

Could u help me to solving this problem

At present, I don't have metalink id, i wonder, if someone would provide me the code for metalink so that I can download from metalink, if the didk2 and disk3 are i donloaded from oracle.com are corrupt. Thank you

help help me

Ely
imelyi2_at_yahoo.com Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 09:10:02 CST