DataGuard Oracle 9.2.0.1

From: Olaf Musch <Olaf.Musch_at_computer.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:22:31 +0100

Hi everybody,

we're running Oracle 9.2.0.1 Enterprise Edition on W2K-Servers.
Currently we're using the DataGuard-feature with a physical standby database on a second machine to be safe in case of machine failure.
For desaster saftety, we're now trying to add a logical standby database to the DG config and mirror this one via VPN to a remote site.

On the remote site, the same hardware is running, the same OS is running, the same oracle version is running (and it runs local DataGuard perfectly). The remote site is perfectly integrated into the OEM-repository from where we're controlling everything.

But each time we tell the DG Manager to instantiate the logical standby on the remote machine, we're receiving "could not start remote dataguard process".

Well, after this, we've found two relevant patches
- EM_920_2670975

Now the only difference between our physical standby machine and the remote logical standby machine is, that the remote one is secondary domain controller for the remote domain.

Is this a problem with oracle DataGuard?

There's nothing in the manuals regarding this configuration. But it's clear that we cannot set up a local user account having the right to "log on as a batch job" on an SDC.

So, should we de-install the SDC from the remote DB-Server to get it up perfectly?

Anyone any experience or any hints on this?

Thanks in advance

Olaf Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 01:22:31 CST