Re: Question and suggestion regarding rownum

From: ketan Parekh <ketanparekh_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:32:57 GMT

Lakshmi - but again with Order by clause and Group all this goes for a toss For a more clear picture imagine you doa search on google.com and u have 2 million hits and it displayes on 10
but before it shows u page,2,3,4,5 next - u click on page 4 directly which should display from 31 to 40 - this is what I have to accomplish.

"Lakshmi Jagarlapudi" <jlnarayana_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:UgSsb.143292$ao4.458324_at_attbi_s51...
> Maybe u can do something at the frontend level, but i think this sql
should
> work...
>
> select * from -- wrapper query.
> (
> select rownum mynum,empno,sal from emp -- actual query
> )
> where mynum between 45 and 55
>
> let me know if this is what u want.
>

> <ketansweta_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Hi! Folks
> >
> > I am sure many of you have come across this problem which I am facing
and
> > hope to have some suggestions.
> > We have an web application with tones of where clauses and group by but
> > eventually the result set could be any where
> > from 1 to 10000. Now the web page would display only 1 to 10 items after
> > which if you would click on next it would show
> > from 11 to 20 - till here it is some what do able - the problem lies
when
> > the user click on directly 45th page which should show records
> > from 2000 onwards. I was thinking of using the rownum function ..
remember