Sample Java code requested

From: Brad <nospam_at_arach.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:27:17 +0800

Hi there all,

I am new to Java and am wondering if anyone can help me with posting some sample code listings for the following.

I would like to be able to perform a SELECT statement against an Oracle database, except passing in the value of my WHERE clause as a paramter to the java program.

For Example:

java SimpleSelectJavaCode SMITH

which would perform a connection to the database and also a SELECT statement against Oracle something similar to ....WHERE ename = 'SMITH'

Ultimately, I'd like to have a JSP page taking the input from a HTML FORM, and passing this to a java bean where the SQL statement is executed and the results returned to the browser.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Brad Received on Wed Nov 12 2003 - 16:27:17 CST