Re: Team coding in TOAD and SQL Navigator

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:06:40 -0500

since both are client tools, neither technically exists 'in an instance' -- both tools simple connect to one or may schemas in one or more instances (on my current project I'm typically connected to 4 schemas in 3 instances on 3 separate machines)

so, short answer, yes they can co-exist, quite nicely

i've used SQL Navigator a bit, but prefer TOAD -- the TOAD interface is much cleaner, although Quest is starting to muck it up a bit. SQL Navigator's interface reminds me of AOL's -- just too much going on

a problem you'll need to address in both environments in version control -- either through a tool integrated with TOAD or SQL-Nav, or via data-base centric techniques (i can pass on some info on some DB triggers and package techniques that can help in this area)

--
Mark C. Stock
email mcstock -> enquery(dot)com