Re: Oracle 9.2 and Suse linux 8.2 (sqlplus segfault)

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 21:44:07 -0800

"Mr Bodek" <bodek_wr_at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote i

> I have a big problem. I installed the Oracle 9.2 on the Suse Linux 8.2 (not
> enterprise)
> and after succesfully instalation, I can't run sqlplus. When I try to
> connect to database
> (created by dbca) i got the exception segmentation fault (core dumped).
> What's wrong?
> The Linux configuration:
> gcc 2.95.3
> kernel 2.4.20
> all settings are set as described in manual.

Go to $ORACLE_HOME/bin and try relinking the network, client_sharedlib and client. Add $ORACLE_HOME/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH if not already done.

BTW - is this core dump the result of running Oracle software (i.e. sqlplus) or rather the result of a screwed up Oracle instance/environment that you are trying to connect to? I.e. just exactly *what* are you doing when it core dumps?

You did test the client part of the installation against a working database on another platform? If not.. well consider it. Determine what works and what does not by testing individual components - not by running everything at once.

--
Billy