Oracle install problem

From: Nick <goonerbloke_nospam__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:33:13 +0000 (UTC)

I cannot install Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition or Client Edition on my Windows XP machine. I did have Enterprise installed ok but had to reinstalled it. Now every time I try I get an error message on the file locations stage saying "problem accessing staging area. Please make sure values for 'Source' and 'Destination' are valid.

I am 110% certain that the source location for the products.jar file is correct. I have tried all sorts of variations for the destination name & path. I have also re-downloaded both versions & tried to install them countless times.

Does anyone know why I'm getting this problem?

TIA

--
Nick