Best OS for subscription to 9i (Windows expert; Linux neophyte)

From: Fred Zimmerman <silversw2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 07:04:09 -0800

I am going to pay the $199 for 12 month CD subscription for 9i database and associated packages/software.

I'm considering purchasing the Linux version (I have both Windows NT/2K/XP, and RedHat 7.1 at home; Win and Linux on separate machines).

As I'm learning Red Hat, should I take the huge plunge of installing Oracle 9i database on this OS, or go with what I know best: Windows.

I was thinking it might be a good way to both learn 9i, and Linux simultaneously. I know many companies are making change to Linux for enterprise database applications, and web servers.

(I am a Oracle newbie as well.)

Any experiences appreciated.

F.Z. - Boston MA Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 09:04:09 CST