Re: Update-Problem with Oracle 8.05

From: Christoph Hilmes <hilmes_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 14:35:02 +0100

i donīt think so, but there is one more thing, that we have found out in the meantime: it works from a windows 2000 client, but not from a XP-client, although it is the same application, the same database, the same data access components. Is that funny, or what? Microsoft ... i hate them !!

"mcstock" <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Fb6dnQhzkJBkcTGiRVn-iQ_at_comcast.com...
> could it actually be a locking problem and not a looping problem?
>
> "Christoph Hilmes" <hilmes_at_uni-muenster.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > we have a visual basic application attempting to update a table in an
> > Oracle-Database. This is done with the following sql-statement:
> >
> > UPDATE table SET table.field = 0 WHERE table.pk=1
> >
> > The field in the where-clause of the statement is the primary-key of
that
> > table. There are now constaints, no trigger, it is a
"stand-alone"-table.