starting an OEM while the instance is shutdown.

From: balaji <balajian_at_lycos.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2003 01:38:02 -0800

Hi,

I have a hostname on my server as "my-computer.net.in" The Global_DB name on my this server with oracle database 9i was "my_computer.net.in"(I was forced to give this as dbca tool does not accept using a "-" in the global_DB names while creating the database. I was able to use OEM when the instance is up and running. But when I shutdown the instance, I am not able to start OEM. Is there any was to solve this issue. The hostname cannot be changed because it is deployed in a large network. Any solutions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Balaji. Received on Fri Nov 07 2003 - 03:38:02 CST