Re: SQL statement optimization

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:40:36 -0800

music4 wrote:

>I use Oracle 8.1.5.
>
>"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>

>>And you have which version and edition of Oracle?
>>
>>Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and look up Function Based Indexes (FBI).
>>
>>--
>>Daniel Morgan

That's so old I have no idea whether you can use FBIs without looking it up ... so you'll need
to determine that unless someone else knows the answer.

I'd suggest you concentrate on upgrading to a version with a decent optimizer and that is
both supported and supported on current operating system versions.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)