Re: declare SYS.DBMS_PIPE???

From: Greg G <ggershSNACK_at_CAKEctc.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:33:44 -0500

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Whoever is managing this little shop of horrors should go back to
> basics. Bounce the
> server. Does the GRANT still hang? If so I'd be running export to verify
> logical integrity,
> catalog.sql, catproc.sql, etc. Bounce the sever again. Does the GRANT
> still hang? If so
> I'd be opening an iTAR.

    In fact, the server was bounced about a week ago. Unfortunately, I can't do that whenever I want, as it's a production box and there's a boojum-load of processes that connect to the thing.

    Forgive my ignorance, but how will running export verify logical integrity? Or do you mean for me to export and then re-import everything. That's not really feasable as this database is gimungous.

-Greg G Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 14:33:44 CST