forms question: binding client side package functions to block where clause

From: p! <p!_at_unix.ndo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:28:31 GMT

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how, to use a function in a client-side PL/SQL package as a bind variable for the where clause of a block?

example:

package body test is
function get_value return varchar2 is
begin
return 'X';
end;
end;

then having a database block based on DUAL to have a where clause of:

dummy = test.get_value

so that when execute_query is called on the block it would return the row (or rows, but with this example one would hope it would be singular!) which match the value returned by the function?

I have tried doing it the obvious way, just putting the where clause in the style above, but it generates the error "ORA-00904 - invalid identifier"

btw we are using oracle 9ir2 with forms 9i (version 9.0.2.11.0)

Any help greatly appriciated!

thanks,
p! Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 07:28:31 CST