Different 'priorities' when doing selects

From: Joe Smith <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:07:37 +0100

Hi,

  I'm using Oracle 9i. My program is doing "heavy" calculations on some tables A,B, C, which require a lot of I/O, and afterwards, inserts a value in a table D.
It's vital to have a decent response time when accessing this table, and now, when I'm in the middle of one of these calculations, I may wait for more than one minute to show this D table which has no more than one hundred elements.

Is there any way to give a higher priority to the selections in the table D?

Thx! Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 07:07:37 CST