Re: Oracle 11i Help

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:19:04 GMT

Prasad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to Oracle. I've worked on 8i/9i a little. I wanted to
> know about the new modules in 11i but I cant seem to find any
> resources that do not need money :-) Could someone help?
>
> Thanks

Oracle8i and Oracle9i define core technology products, mainly referring to the database. All sorts of interesting info available at http://otn.oracle.com (these will soon be labled as Oracle10g)

Oracle11i defines applications products, referring to financials, HR, Pay, sales, marketing, support, internet store, supply chain management (, etc. etc. etc. - ad nauseum) All sorts of interesting info available at http://appsnet.oracle.com - including the information about the new modules!

The above links are free. As is the documentation you can access at the either site.

Please don't confuse Oracle8i/9i and Oracle11i streams - these are completely different animals!!!! All of the '11i applications are built using '8i and '9i technology!

--
/Hans
[mailto:`echo $from" | sed "s/yahoo/telusplanet/g"`]