Re: Help with Oracle9i: SQL

From: Taylor Wilkes <tpw2021_at_aol.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2003 09:01:56 -0800

Here is the question:
Management is proposing to increase the price of each book. The amount of the increase will be based on each book's category, according to the following scale:computer books, 10%; fitness books, 15%; self-help books, 25%; all other categories, 3%. Create a list that displays each book's title, category, current retail price, and revised retail price. The prices should be displayed with two decimal places. The column headings for the output should be as follows: Title, Category, Current Price, Revised Price.

Table being used: BOOKS

ISBN           NOT NULL VARCHAR2(10)
TITLE                   VARCHAR2(30)
PUBDATE                 DATE
PUBID                   NUMBER(2)
COST                    NUMBER(5,2)
RETAIL                  NUMBER(5,2)
CATEGORY                VARCHAR2(12)

I believe that I am supposed to be using the DECODE keyword. I have other info if needed.
Can anyone help??? Thanks Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 11:01:56 CST