Re: same record multiple tables

From: mcstock <mcstockx_at_xenquery.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 07:58:59 -0500

besides table aliases, don't forget your join clauses

also, the CPH column alias is unnecessary

good practice:

    always use the optional AS keyword with column aliases (does not apply to table aliases)

    always use table aliases (at least when more than one table is referenced)

    use short, recognizable table aliases (1-4 characters)     always qualify each column with the appropriate table alias (even if there is no ambiguity -- there may be later)

example:

SELECT

     <c a or m>.DATE_RECEIVED as "Date Received"
    ,<c a or m>.cph
    ,<c a or m>.opt_object_id
    ,<c a or m>.mag_object_id

From