Re: Chubb Institute for Training

From: Robert C <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:34:09 -0500

Ryan, I have come across here and there, references (some by you I believe) to "Security Clearance".
Now I am puzzled - I supposed this "credential" thing only pertains to getting fed jobs, especially around DC, VA, MD area, correct ? I mean this is often required in working for the fed, right ?

But this is NOT something that is EARNED ? is it ? I mean to say this is something ANYONE can apply for - and depending on subsequent investigation result, -
can get, kinda like a drivers license, correct ?

If correct, then everyone is potentially eligible for this credential, then what's the big deal with it ?

Thanks
Robert

"Ryan Gaffuri"