9i Enterprise Manager console EXTREMELY slow

From: Tim Kearsley <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 3 Nov 2003 02:49:08 -0800

Hi all,

Environment:
Enterprise Manager 9.2.0.1.0
Windows 2000 5.00.2195 SP4
2.4 GHz Pentium IV, 512 Mb RAM.

I've been TRYING to use EM over the last week or so, but it is taking typically up to two minutes from firing up the console to anything actually appearing on screen. I'm using the console standalone at the moment, no external repository.

I notice a lot of disk access going on while its loading and CPU usage during this period is in the high 90's %.

Once its running peformance seems OK, but the initial delay is aggravating, to put it mildly.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and do you have any idea what's going on?

Many thanks,

Tim Kearsley
Milton Keynes Council Received on Mon Nov 03 2003 - 04:49:08 CST