Oracle forms 6i and Oracle 8i

From: kotsos <fakidomitis_at_yahoo.gr>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:32:33 +0200

Hi ,

I'm quite new to the world of Oracle. The problem I have is that:

I have installed oracle 8i on windows 2000 and everything works fine. Then, I installed oracle forms 6i but the problem is that when i try to run sql+ from 6i Oracle error 12203. Trying to connect through sql+ from 8i is ok.

I have uninstalled everything (incl registry etc.) and I installed first oracle forms 6i and then 8i. The same problem persists.

To give you some more hints:
1. Oracle forms creates a menu called Oracle for Windows nt. Since I have Windows 2000, is that the problem?
2. When I try to run ORacle Net8 Asistant within Oracle Forms 6i, a message appears for less than a second ( i don't know what's in it) and then nothing happens.
3. All services are up and running, except Oracle Client Cache 80, which insists not to run (even manually)!

Any ideas? Received on Sun Nov 02 2003 - 01:32:33 CST