Re: Planning for Oracle Financials

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:46:59 -0800

Hans Forbrich wrote:

>TracyN wrote:
>

>>We are going to be implementing Financials a few months down the road.
>>I am looking for a sample project plan or list of common tasks that need
>>to be done during an implementation so that I can get a handle on how
>>many people we will need and how much time it will take. Any ideas
>>where I might get this kind of info? Thanks.
>>

>Suggest you look at Boss Corp's "Using Oracle 11i - Special Edition'
>published by Que (ISBN 078972670X). Even though it's not current (last
>update I saw was 11.5.3) the logic, the general checklist, and the "how
>to select a consultant, how to set up PM, and so on" sections are still
>more than relevant.

And the one thing I would add to this is that I have seen consulting firms owned by, and
or related to the "Big" accounting practices intentionally misconfigure the Oracle database
for Oracle Apps just so they could come back later, at very high hourly rates, and vacuum
out more money to configure it properly: They called it tuning. Unfortunately ... I called it
fraud and they were caught. Others have told me that this is not an unusual practice.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu