Re: Career Choice?

From: Anna C. Dent <anacdent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:27:10 -0800

jonnylou wrote:

> Would anyone like to comment on choosing database administration as a
> career to a student who is trying to determine if this is what they
> want!

Unless your father owns the company, I seriously doubt that upon graduation (from college with a Bachelor's degree?) any company would hire you to do "database administration". You'll only know enough to be REAL dangerous and too eager to show that you know what you are doing. If given the opportunity to play a DBA right out of school, I'd be willing to bet, you'd cause a MAJOR data loss or service distruption within the 1st 12 months.

Learn how to program & become a GOOD developer before considering that you want to be a DBA when you grow up. Received on Fri Oct 31 2003 - 18:27:10 CST