View to view SQL

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:12:53 GMT

I'm not very good with SQL and would appreciate some advice.

I have a view in 8.1.7.4 that retrieves nearly a hundred fields from five different tables. It's long but simple and straightforward, and has been working quite well for some time. I've just been told that I now need to also retrieve some SUMs and COUNTs from fields in another table. Rather than modifying this view with 100 Group BYs, I wonder if it is feasible to create another view that gets the SUMs and COUNTs and then add that view's output fields to this view's? Is that a smart way to approach this problem? Is there a better?

Thanks in advance,
Randy Harris Received on Fri Oct 31 2003 - 14:12:53 CST