Re: Chubb Institute for Training

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 31 Oct 2003 10:11:07 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1067550500.651259_at_yasure>...
> Alan wrote:
>
> >I'm not talking about an "Oracle Admin" program, but a rounded CS program.
> >The credit and non-credit classes are taught by different instructors, and
> >of course, in any event, it always depends on who is teaching.
> >
> >"Robert C" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote in message
> >

> Always depends on whose teaching. It is up to the institution to vette
> instructors and
> select the best for each subject.
>
> The test of any program is whether, after graduation, you are as
> competent in your field
> as a physician that graduates from a medical school or an engineer that
> graduates with
> a degree in engineering. It isn't just about syntax. It is about knowing
> the various ways to
> attack a problem and being able to apply a valid strategy to problem
> solving.

the skills you get in a good computer science program(and no it doesnt have to be some place expensive) provide terrific skills for an oracle dba or developer. You learn alto of underlying fundamentals. Problem is unless your coming out of an 'elite'(ie schools that cost alot of money) hardly any graduates are getting jobs these days.

ive taken several undergraduate CS classes at a local state school that is not particularly competitive to get into and they were alot of work. Good stuff. Received on Fri Oct 31 2003 - 12:11:07 CST