Re: DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2003 06:58:53 -0800

"Fabio Tirapelle" <fabio.tirapelle_at_siag.it> wrote in message news:<bntg9k$6b8$1_at_serv1.iunet.it>...
> Hi.
>
> I use the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT to encrypt the information.
> I use the dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESEncrypt(
> input_string => input_string,
> key_string => key_string,
> encrypted_string => encrypted_string ).
> I have the following problem. When I pass the input_string parameter I know
> the DBA has the possibility to see the input_string querying the v$sqlarea.
> Is there a method to hide the parameter so that nobody see the values except
> the client?
>
> Thanks

No, there isn't. If you don't trust the DBA, have him replaced. There will be always be personnel, which can see everything. If you don't want that, take the server on your back, and move to some scarcely inhabited region of Italy, or move to the Vatican.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Oct 31 2003 - 08:58:53 CST