Re: How to Swap Two Tables?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2003 14:33:13 -0800

rekaben_at_yahoo.com (RK) wrote in message news:<239f1935.0310300915.26b01e94_at_posting.google.com>...
> Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote in message news:<kn00qv4nf0rv3trj2n8q9319ul3v6aapuc_at_4ax.com>...
> > rekaben_at_yahoo.com (RK) wrote:

> > >Well, this newsgroup may have some virus. After I posted my first
> > >question, I was bombed by bulk-email-spam.
> > >
> > No, the newsgroup does not have a virus..However there is a trojan out there ( on folk's workstations that have not been
> > keeping up with threats and patches)
> > that scans newsgroups for email addresses - So do NOT use your real email address when posting - spoof it in some way
> > like rekabenatyahoodotcom
> >

> Well, the interface of posting requires me to put in a true e-amil
> account, otherwise it won't allow me in. How can you keyin some name
> like that to make it work for you?

Use a different interface. For example, I have a cox cable modem, so when posting from there, I use the cox newsfeed together with a linux newsreader that I can configure to whatever I want, usually joel-garry_at_nospam.cox.net. It also has multiple email accounts, so I could create a temporary real one and then give it up. The downside of that is creating a new account and discovering it has already been spammed to death from a previous user!

Use a throw-away email to create the account.

Use an ISP that goes out of business. That's how I got joel-garry_at_home.com into google posting. The downside is, I can't easily cancel postings.

> > >Now return to my questions. Let me ask them one by one --
> > >
> > >Fist One:
> > >
> > >With SQL, how can I compare two table content to see if they are
> > >identical or not? If not, can I show their difference using certain
> > >SQL commands and dump the output?
> > >
> > >Thanks.
> > I am not sure that SQL alone can do that -
> > There are 3rd party apps out there that can ( I seem to remember one called OraCompare - a google search should find out if
> > it still exists)
> >

> You know how I make it: I dump the content into files and compare them
> with OS tools. I wonder why Oracle does not have it. Anybody any other
> ideas?

What's the problem with MINUS?

jg

--