Oracle pipe not closing

From: Greg G <ggershSNACK_at_CAKEctc.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:42:18 -0500

I've got a perl program which is opening a pipe (well, it's really just doing a get_message('pipename')), but if it dies unexpectedly, the pipe isn't closed. I can still see the session in session list. The really fun part is that if I run this program several times, it will open several sessions, even though the pipe has the same name!

Is there any way to have oracle clean up these sessions? They don't die on their own.

Thanks.

-Greg G Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 15:42:18 CST