Re: Dumb question about Users & Instances

From: mcstock <mcstock_at_enquery.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:15:19 -0500

neil,

never introduce a question with 'dumb' you never know what flames that might attract!

determine how the user was deleted -- was it with the DROP user command or via a custom utility that is keeping 3 instances in sync?

the comments on replication are also relevant -- was the DROP user replicated to the other 2 databases? this would seem to be the only non-custom way this could happen.

another possibility would be database triggers for a kind of home-grown replication

also, verify the configuration of the database schemas via DBA_USERS and init.ora settings -- is the schema really gone in all databases or was some external authentication mechanism disrupted that makes it look like the user is gone in all 3 instances?