Re: sql

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:27:58 -0800

E S wrote:

>what's the sql code for aduting changes in a tabel?
>(I have done all the changes i need to, to auditing)

You have several choices depending on what you want to audit.

However, knowing the Oracle version and edition would not just be helpful ... it is essential.

If you are talking about auditing changes to the table then a DDL trigger.

If you are talking about auditing changes to the data I'd suggest an AFTER INSERT OR
UPDATE OR DELETE trigger on the table.

But I'd also suggest that you not just assume that Oracle's built-in auditing capability
won't do what you want so before you go for some exotic solution go to http://tahiti.oracle.com
and look up "AUDIT".

--
Daniel Morgan