Setting a JDBC preparedStatement parameter within a to_date() function

From: Jeremy <dazeconf_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2003 10:05:13 -0800

I am attempting to set a java preparedStatment parameter within a to_date function. However, if I do so, a blank query is always returned (no exception is thrown). Any help would be appreciated.

The prepared statment contains something like this

where x.mydate = to_date(?, 'DD-MON-YYYY')

later on, I use setObject to set the parameter's value: prepStmt.setObject(paramNumber, someString)

someString always contains a date format that is readily converted using to_date within SQL Plus. I have tried running the same query within SQLPlus, and have not had a problem. I have also tried using prepStmt.setString()(although this is not general enough for my code) and a blank query is still returned.

I am somewhat new at programming with JDBC, so I hope this post makes sense. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

-Jeremy Received on Wed Oct 29 2003 - 12:05:13 CST