Re: create db insufficient privileges

From: mcstock <mcstock_at_enquery.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:45:47 -0500

creating a database requires partially starting the oracle instance (the background processes) -- it cannot be done while already connected to a running database

you'll need to read up on the STARTUP command and the CREATE DATABASE command.

there's also sections in the DBA manuals about creating new databases -- oracle provides some wizard-y tools, plus the manual procedure is also documented

Mark C. Stock
www.enquery.com
(888) 512-2048