notify clients on database updates

From: roger <xrsr_at_rogerware.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:06:32 GMT

Hi, I've got another one of "those" kinds of questions. Here's the scoop....

Middleware application server process reads and caches (builds objects out of) various database rows at startup, and uses these values to perform lots and lots of frequently required operations.

The nature of these row values is that while they don't change often, they can and do change occasionally.

So, I need some sort of mechanism by which my application level code (either C++/OCI or C#/ado.net) can be "notified" when such changes take place.

I can think of a couple of ways to start down the path, but first I'm wondering if there is some well known approach to doing this kind of thing - surely I can't be the first one to have wanted to do something like this.

Thanks for your consideration.

And before I forget to mention it yet again - I'm using Oracle 9.2.

Thanks. Received on Thu Oct 23 2003 - 16:06:32 CDT