Oracle Licensing Situation.

From: Paul Wolfowitz <pwolfowitz_at_zingaretti.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:15:04 -0700

I have a client that purchased software and hardware from a failed startup. On each of the two machines the software is dependant on an Oracle 8.1.7. How do i find the state of the licensing for these two oracle servers?

The business is using oracle right now and i suspect if they dont have licensing we would migrate to another database that was cheaper, but its unclear to me how we can determine current state of licensing without exposing our current use of oracle to oracle?

  -Paul- Received on Thu Oct 23 2003 - 10:15:04 CDT