Oracle 9i JDBC Performance When Calling A Stored Procedure

From: duffymo <duffymo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 10:53:47 -0700

There's a thread at the Java JDBC forum where someone is experiencing slow performance when calling an Oracle stored procedure:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=48&thread=456117&start=0&range=15#2086679

One poster wrote a terrific tester that gives timings for calling a simple stored proc. I've taken that code, run it on my machine, and gotten results that are 10X faster than the original poster running the same code.

After reviewing that thread, would anyone have some ideas to explain the poor performance in the OP's code? Thanks - MOD Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 12:53:47 CDT