Re: Please help with Linux Client Issues

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:57:06 GMT

> Oracle database licenses are not specific to a platform. So as long as
> the user is covered under the license (either via a Named User license
> or a Processor license), the user can access the database using a client
> on any platform - Solaris, Linux, Windows, it doesn't matter.

While the Oracle database is not licensed to a specific platform, many support contracts are for specific platforms.

And to answer the OP, you should be able to connect from any platform without any additional costs. But the final say is with Oracle Sales, not us.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com