Oracle ODBC driver And rs.MaxRecorcs

From: Hans <nomail_at_sorry.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:33:44 +0200

Hi!

We are using Oracle ODBC driver to access an Oracle database and have problems when we use an ADODB.recordset and sets the MaxRecords property.

rs.MaxRecords = 10
rs.open .....

If the query returns more records than specified in MaxRecords the rs.eof flag will return true after the first record eventhough there are more records in the recordset. If I add a rs.movenext line (ignoring that rs.eof is returning true) I receive all records correct. If I remove the rs.MaxRecords line it also works perfect. As it is now I only receive the first record.

This is only a problem when using Oracle 8.01.78.00 driver. The exakt same code works with 9.02 driver so I don't think it is an ADO problem which I originally thought.

I can make it work by doing code like rs.movenext followed by a rs.moveprev (now the rs.eof property is set correct). I don't think this is a good solution (and I will have to change my forward only cursor). It will be difficult to force customers to upgrade to a new version of oracle client. I install the ora8178b.exe patch for the ODBC driver which I think is the latest version in the 8i track?

Is this a known bug or is there any way I can make it work (in a nicer way than my solution above) using 8.01.xxx driver?

Regards
/Hans Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 05:33:44 CDT