Re: Please help with Linux Client Issues

From: Dave Hau <davehau_nospam_123_at_nospam_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:28:43 GMT

Oracle database licenses are not specific to a platform. So as long as the user is covered under the license (either via a Named User license or a Processor license), the user can access the database using a client on any platform - Solaris, Linux, Windows, it doesn't matter.

In fact, since the database server license is not specific to a platform either, you can use the exact same license even if one day you decide to migrate your database server from Solaris to Linux.

HTH,
Dave