Re: database access descriptor

From: --- <---_at_noddy.land>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:39:57 GMT

"Sar." <tsarnowicz_at_zpigichp.edu.pl> wrote in message news:bn41bl$4a5$1_at_atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
> > >could someone help me how to set up a DAD in oracle 8.1.17?
> > >
> > For example? Did you start the Apache server?
> > Can you connect to it with your browser?
>
> OK, sorry about lack of informations, firstly i'm using windowsXP, i
started
> apache server, in my browser i put the line like this:
> "http://host:port/pls/admin/gateway.htm" and i see only that "No DAD
> configuration Found" - and honestly, this is the end :(
>
> maybe it's easy but i'm a _real_ beginner... so, please don't laugh :)
> i know that i have to create an user account and make it as a default
DAD -
> sure, i can create an user account but what then?
>

> Sarr.

Can't speak for windows but on unix the url looks like this host:port/pls/simpledad/admin_/dadentries.htm Assuming that you are at the adminster DAD entries page you click on the Add default (blank configuration) link.
The basics you will need are
database access descriptior name ie mydad schema name
User name - optional if left blank you are prompted for a username (database user) If entered then you will connect as this user. Password - same.
connect string host:port:sid
default home page - calls this proc if nothing is entered.Can leave blank

from you schema create a procedure
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE hello_world IS BEGIN

Then from the browser run host:port/pls/mydad/hello_world Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 18:39:57 CDT