Re: ORA-00904 & left join

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:44:19 +0100

Daniel,

He probably got the syntax from the Oracle 9 manuals.

The phrase "I've never seen that before" should not be translated into "It must be wrong" too quickly.

Oracle introduced ANSI joins in Oracle 9 - I still have to think very carefully when I see them of try to write them, but they are documented.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html
____Belgium__November (EOUG event - "Troubleshooting")
____UK_______December (UKOUG conference - "CBO")