catching errors with oracles OLEDB provider for ADO

From: news <heiko.folkerts_at_david-bs.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:04:43 +0200

Hi,
we use oracles OLEDB provider to access an oracle 9.2.0 database. when a trigger e.g. an before insert trigger executes raise_application_error the client receives the exception as an exception from the framework instead of an exception from within the call to rs.addnew. So when running an addnew statement execution is continued in the handler for unknown exceptions from the framework. The microsoft provider raises the exception in the rs.addnew statement so it can be caught and handled. We can't use the microsoft OLEDB provider for oracle, because4 it supports no blobs.
Questions:
1. Is there a way to make the oracle OLEDB provider raise the exception within the rs.addnew call?
2. is there a way to use blobs with microsoft so that we could change to the MS provider?
many thanks
Heiko Received on Mon Oct 20 2003 - 01:04:43 CDT