Re: OTN Tip of the week

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:35:29 -0700

Mark Townsend wrote:

> > find whoever is
>
>> writing this stuff, and
>> more importantly who is approving it for publication and thank them
>

> The relevant people have been suitably thanked.

And therefore I thank you.

Decades ago, when I submitted scientific papers for publication everything was reviewed before publication by several INDEPENDENT editors whose purpose was to make sure nothing went out that was not valid.
It seems to me that it wouldn't be that difficult, nor that expensive, for Oracle to come up with a group of
independent editors to read and comment on some of these materials before they are allowed to see the light of day. A quick search in these usenet groups would give you a good start. And there are quite a few colleges and universities that have Oracle programs too that could support such an endeavour.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu