Re: Inactive JDBC sessions in Oracle 8.1.7 remain in Linux process list

From: Jasper Scholten <Turfkade.nospam_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:54:29 +0200

Bill,

If oracle lists your session as inactive, this means that you still have a connection to the database and means that your userprocess is still there.

If this is what you are talking about, this is normal behaviour. The only way to get rid of this process is to terminate the session. This means that you have to do a close on the connection.

It looks to me that you do not close the connection at all.

Regards,

Jasper

"Bill" <lilhepcat_at_yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:vod7oi10st0602_at_corp.supernews.com...