Re: [?][Newbie] Permission on user tablespace

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:20:47 GMT

A user never owns a tablespace. Rather, a user has the ability to store objects in one or more tablespaces (or maybe no tablespaces in special cases). You do this by granting a QUOTA on that tablespace. And it is possible for more than one user to have segments in a tablespace.

Please have a look at the Oracle Concepts Guide where this is explained in detail. (http://technet.oracle.com).

HTH,
Brian

termopilucco wrote:

> There's is any way for an Oracle DBA to revoke permission from an user like
> alter *HIS* tablespace structure?
> E.g. Can'I unallowe user SCOTT to add table in SCOTT tablespace?
>
> thanks in advance,
> x:termoPilucco, sorry for my bad english.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"