Re: undo

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 18:38:39 -0700

maurizio wrote:

> Hi to all.
> Is it possible to resize the undo tablespace?
> My undo tablespace is too mauch big and
> I'd want to make it smaller.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Don't know. But why are you asking us rather than just going to http://tahiti.oracle.com and finding out for yourself and getting the syntax too?

Reading the documentation clearly indicates that you can create a new one and alter the one used by the
database in the same way log files are changed out to resize.

But my advice would be to make UNDO as large as possible. There is no downside given the price of disk.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu