Re: Which Oracle books to buy

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:35:34 +0200

"Kari Laine" <kari.laine_at_dnainternet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f843d88$1_at_news.dnainternet.net...
> Hi All,
>
> I am starting to learn Oracle. Administration and also programming. I plan
> to learn how to use ADO with Oracle and I think there is also an oracle way
> to access (CLI). Anyway I have budgeted to buy 4-5 books and now I would
> like to get the best ones. I don't want the ones which practically only
> duplicate the product manuals.

I don't think there is a way around oracles 10 day admin course. As for books, I found the "rman backup and recovery", "effective oracle by design" and maybe "oracle 9i performance tuning" useful. Programming books? No. I use C and ESQL which is explained pretty well in the docs.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 12:35:34 CDT