Problem calling Oracle from MSSQL

From: GH <gh_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:46:50 +0100

Hi all,

I am new to Oracle and am developing a system that uses DTS packages in MSSQL2000 that call Oracle stored procedures.

I have managed to get this all working fine, except that now a change is required whereby I need to call the Oracle stored procedures using parameter names, not just the values.

Here's what I've got :
CALL PKG_MY_TABLE.INSERT_ROW (P_COL_1 => '1', P_COL_2 => '2', P_COL_3 => 'N', P_COL_4 => 'N'); The command works fine (without the 'CALL' but with a BEGIN ..END;) when using TOAD. It seems that the command is being changed between MSSQL and Oracle. The error I get is 'ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis'.

I have tried various combinations of uses spaces, no spaces, semicolons, etc, but always get the same error.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

GH Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 04:46:50 CDT