Re: Simple Q re schemas and users

From: Pete C. <peterc_7_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2003 11:04:57 -0700

Holger Peine <peine_at_iese.fraunhofer.de.this-is-junk> wrote in message news:<3f82bb52_at_news.fhg.de>...
> Hello everyone,
>
> you will see from my question that I'm not an Oracle expert.
>
> How can I make many DB users access the same set of tables
> without qualifying each access with the name of the schema
> containing the tables?

You will need to create public synonyms for every table in the schema owned by "MASTER". You will also need to grant "select" privilege to all the users using the objects in the MASTER schema.

> - And one more related question about packages: Do packages exist within
> a schema or besides the schemas? I.e. does the package_name.package_member
> access syntax have to be prefixed with a schema name when used from
> another schema?

Packages, Stored Procedures, and Functions exist within a schema. The schema owner must be appended unless you grant "execute" on that package for other users.

> Thanks for your help,

No Problem Received on Tue Oct 07 2003 - 13:04:57 CDT