Re: Move lobs

From: Anne Fontaine <anne.fontaine_at_clinsight.fr>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:27:10 +0200

Hello,

I knew when I wrote that news that 'Crossposting" was not the right thing to do and I should not have done it. I was simply waiting for an answer.

Actually, I know nothing about Oracle and, nevertheless, I have to move objects, lobs, to resize tablespaces.... It's a rather harsh training, isn't it?

My basic problem was to move the objects from a tablespace to another one and then to resize the first tablespace. I found the following method (with the help of a colleague of mine): - I moved all my objects (taking into consideration the fact that I only have tables with lobs and indexes):

          ALTER TABLE MY_TABLE MOVE TABLESPACE MY_TBLSPC
          ALTER INDEX MY_INDEX REBUILD TABLESPACE MY_TBLSPC
          ALTER TABLE MY_TABLE MOVE LOB(MY_LOB) STORE AS (TABLESPACE
MY_TBLSPC)
- I defragmented the MY_TBLSPC tablespace :

          ALTER TABLESPACE MY_TBLSPC COALESCE - I resized the MY_TBLSPC tablespace :

          ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE MY_FILE.DBF RESIZE 5M The problem of this solution is that some lobs are no longer readable. In the Oracle tables, I can read <Value Error> instead of <CLOB>.

I also tried another solution :
- I exported all my data.

          exp user_dba/user_pwd file=my_file.dmp owner=OWNER - I dropped my user (car tous les objets appartiennent au meme user) :

          drop user OWNER cascade
- I re-created my user in another tablespace :

          create user OWNER identified by PWD default tablespace MY_TBLSPC
          grant dba to OWNER
- I re-imported the data :
          imp user_dba/user_pwd file=my_file.dmp fromuser=OWNER touser=OWNER

The problem of this solution is that exporting seems to keep the "storages clauses" and therefore re-imports the data in the first tablespace. I tried to changed manually the .dmp file but, in that case, the import does not recognize the file anymore.

Here we are, I think the whole problem has been explained.

Does anyone have a solution now?
Do you know how to export data to the storages clauses?

Thanks for your help,

Anne.