Re: Chubb Institute for Training

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Oct 2003 09:47:44 -0700

odba1961_at_aol.com (Odba1961) wrote in message news:<20031003121734.09867.00000186_at_mb-m25.aol.com>...
> Dear John,
>
> I have my doubts that Chubb will be able to place you when there are a
> lot of Oracle DBAs that are out of work right now. However, they will get your
> feet wet. In my opinion, they charge too much for just getting your feet wet. I
> think that you would have done better with the Columbia CTA program for Oracle,
> they are top notch. It would be harder and take longer but worth the effort.
> Devry is also a good computer school. It would not surprise me if Chubb hands
> you the excuse of the economy for not finding you interviews when you graduate.
> I am a certified Oracle Database Administrator by the way, and anyone that
> tells you that certification is a waste of time, if just not being honest. At
> the very least certification can get you interviews, in a normal ecomomy that
> is. You have to remember that NY/NJ got hit by a triple wammy in the past three
> years that continues to this day. First, a bad recession, which was followed up
> by the dot com implosion, and finally capped off by Sept. 11th. Feel free to
> email me with any further questions you may have.
>
> Dominick

there is no such thing as an entry level DBA. Being certified only helps if you have experience. Now I dont know how much certs help with OTHER skill sets. Ive been told they are more valuable with Microsoft networking. I dont know for certain.

DBAs start as developers or network engineers and more over. Chubb is stealing your money.

These computer schools are expensive and a complete waste of money. Kids with computer science degrees are FAR better trained than anyone coming out of these schools and they really arent getting jobs.

Get your money back. Chubb is a scam. Anyone that tells you they can train for you for 'entry level DBA' jobs is a liar. They call it 'junior level' right? Only people that consider someone with out experience junior level are the training companies. The only junior level DBA jobs require a top secret clearance or are senior level jobs that dont pay anything.

Dont waste your money. Received on Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:47:44 CDT